Puritan's Pride Logo

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Having a Monday on a Tuesday

The Tuesday after Memorial day is just like a Monday. It is for me every year. This year I thought it would be easier because we didn't do our usual Memorial Weekend camp out. This year all of us opted to stay indoors due to fighting the torrential down pours of last Memorial weekend. What was so different about this year? I am working out of the home so 5:45 came very early for me this morning. Things went pretty smooth for me until I got to Landon's daycare. As I was saying goodbye and prying him off my leg, I somehow managed to wrap my leg around a highchair and trip myself. I fell towards the door and almost smashed into an incoming parent. I was mortified. I laughed it off and did my best to maintain my composure. Good grief! I giggled a bit on my way to the car, rolled my eyes and gave a big sigh. Oh Lord what is today going to be like.....

I worked just half a day today. I had requested time off so I could go to my 6 year old's end of the year talent show. The letter I received at home said the program would start at 1:30. I planned ahead and gave myself plenty of time to make the commute back home. On my way home I called the school. I was unaware of where the actual performance would be held. We are new to this school so I am pretty unfamiliar with the surroundings. Each of my children go to a different Elementary. When I got in touch with someone they said his class had their show at 9:30 am! Ugh! I have missed so much since I started working. I was so excited to make it to his performance. Utter devastation filled my body. I went home, had a good cry and took a fantastic nap! My 6 year old came home none the wiser about me missing his show. He said it was really boring and he didn't mind that I had missed it. I know it was anything but boring. I really hope he was alright. I am still carrying a heavy heart. Kindergarten is almost over for him. Guess today's balancing act didn't pan out. I really need to get better at this.

No comments: