Puritan's Pride Logo

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's been a long time!

Wow! Have the cob webs been growing on my blog or what? I have been neglecting my blog now for a few weeks. I just simply can't ignore it any longer. My fingers have been anticipating getting back to my page and my loyal readers. While I may not have as many readers as Dooce.com or The Pioneer Woman (yes I am putting a plug in there because I really love their sites) my readers are loyal and have missed me! I don't know what to say except I have been lazy. My kids are out of school for the summer, so my chaotic life has calmed down a bit. I don't have to rush to get kids fed, bathed and in bed. No more school lunches to throw together at the last minute. No more papers to sign or backpacks to clean. OK.... I need to wipe a tear...not! Summer vacation is always a much anticipated time of year for our family. We love the out doors. If it isn't raining outside we are usually basking in the radical rays of the sun! Just last weekend we packed up our family at the last minute threw together some snacks, air mattresses and lawn chairs and headed to the drive in. I will tell you for this 32 year old woman and mother of 4, the drive in is one of the highlights of my life! I had never been to one so I was in for a treat. We had the best time! Where on this planet can you entertain 3 adults and 5 kids for $11.00?!? I didn't really make it to the second movie. I crawled up on the air mattress we had in the back of our truck and crashed out. I will tell you it was just the best time. The drive in is a dying breed that really needs to come back. Life wouldn't be as wonderful with out drive ins!

No comments: