Puritan's Pride Logo

Monday, June 2, 2008

Panic! Missing Child or maybe not......

This past weekend turned out to be a weekend full of surprises! On Saturday evening my daughter came running into the house screaming her bike had been stolen. I was quick to tell her before we start making such serious accusations we need to be sure the bike just hasn't been misplaced. Shortly after this little dramatic episode it was time for me to put the two year old to bed for the night. Now in the South where we live it is daylight savings time so it is still light outside when the two year old goes to bed. Finally the little booger fell asleep! I went outside to over see the progress our two older boys were making on the garage clean up. Hubby told me I needed to get our daughter to help out with this huge task. The last I saw of her, she had stormed off into her room spouting off how she was going to find the person who stole her bike and get even. Poor thing... well she wasn't in her room. I sent my 8 year old down to my neighbor's house. If she can't be found she is usually over there. Well we were told that the girls went on a bike ride but that was impossible because her bike was "Stolen" and her friend's bike was in my yard. So I had to make the dreaded phone call to my neighbor and let her know the girls were MIA. She came right out and between her, myself and my husband we covered some territory quick. Before the search went out doors I screamed in my house for both of them, but no answer. We went door to door and no one had seen them. I jumped in the truck and drove around the surrounding neighborhoods with my head hanging out the window yelling for the girls. I can't imagine how ridiculous and possessed I must have looked. So many crazy thoughts were running through my head! When I returned back to the house I saw my daughter's friend walking across our yard with her mother. Do you know where those girls where? Hiding in my 8 year old's closet from my 8 year old! They wanted to jump out and scare him! They didn't hear my frantic screams because the washer and dryer were running! Good grief! I am now searching the Internet for affordable home tracking devices!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, only you Connie!