Puritan's Pride Logo

Monday, June 2, 2008

Stolen Bike

OK when you make the accusation that something of yours has been stolen you probably should be prepared to back it up right? Well not so much in the case of my daughter's missing bike. If you have seen my garage lately it looks as though a bike rally has temporarily taken place in there. Having 4 kids each with a passion for bicycles and a husband that feeds that passion, I have a ton of bikes in my garage. After we found my daughter hiding in a closet, right before we were going to call 911 and fill out our first missing persons report we went door to door again. We had to let everyone know; yes we found our girl, but now we are looking for her bike. We were very disappointed that someone would take it out of our front yard. After going from door to door and ruling out the high possibility of our daughter leaving it somewhere we pretty much resided ourselves to the fact it was gone forever. Her bike had been the first victim of theft our family has had to deal with in regards to our children's belongings.

Now recently my sister in law has taken a new residence very close to us. The kids have actually been able to ride their bikes to her house on couple of occasions. Our daughter had gone on one of these excursions the day before she crippled her finger doing a cartwheel in the house. Two of her bikes now were residing at my sis in laws house, this of which I had no idea. Now I have like 20 kids 20 pets and a husband or two and well I can't keep up with who's bike is who's and where they are and oh it just makes my head hurt thinking about it! So funny story short, I'm over visiting at my sis in laws last night. Somehow we got on the topic of my daughter's missing bike. Sis in law tells me there is still a bike in her garage. How can that be? My husband and my daughter had gone over a few nights before to pick up her bike. So there is just no possible way her bike is in that garage. I go out to the garage and to my surprise the "Stolen' bike is in the there! Oh my gosh, the night she had gone over there to get her favorite bike she was actually on a pain killer for her poor finger and she picked the wrong bike! Thank goodness the bike went in the back of our pick up truck with her daddy and she didn't ride it home. There is no telling where that little girl would have ended up!! She got a really big laugh at herself and learned a very important lesson as to why you don't quickly accuse people of stealing!!

No comments: