Puritan's Pride Logo

Friday, May 30, 2008

Really glad this week is over!

So many little things happened this week which I think put me in the running for, "Mom of the Year" NOT! As I sit back in my over sized chair, take in a deep breath and ponder the thought of how nice a big glass of red wine would be at this moment I realize hey, it's Friday and I survived and so did my kids! I missed my 6 year old's first performance of his school career, my 2 year old unfastened the seat belt which holds in his car seat and flipped forward as I was driving down hwy 412. I forgot to send my 9 year old to school with sunscreen on her field day so she got burnt to a crisp and missed her Merit trip to the city pool the next day.
Being a mom is a dadgum hard job! I think instead of deciding on Obama or Clinton, I will vote for whoever will pay us moms to do the jobs that we do everyday, day in and day out and for the most part do it with a half smile on our faces! OK I have done my cyber venting for the night. My daughter is waiting for me to rearrange her bedroom. Boy did I make some deals with her today as she called me 50 times during the day sobbing to me. I was the worst mom in the world today. How dare I not let her go swimming with sun blisters on her ears. Oh the nerve of me! Just can't wait for these little punks to become teenagers! I shiver at the stories I will have then!

By the way I will be writing about why you should never do cartwheels in the house in the next day or so so stay tuned!!

No comments: