Puritan's Pride Logo

Monday, May 19, 2008

Multi uses for puppy piddle pads


Tonight I took my two year old, 6 year old and 9 year old over to grandpa's house. It was the spur of the moment trip. Grandpa lives about 45 minutes away so we had to run out the door to fit this trip into our nightly routine. Yeah I said routine, but if you have read my previous posts routine really doesn't exist right now. Life has been a bit hectic since desperate momma has gone back to work. Routine has gone right out that window. So tonight when I decided to load up three out of my four children and run to grandpa's it really didn't matter that I was disrupting the normal flow of our chaotic lives.In haste I completely forgot the diaper bag. What happens when you forget the diaper bag? MURPHY'S LAW happens! We get to my dad's and about 15 minutes into our visit my 9 year old yells,"Mommy he's poopy!" Now for some reason every time we go to grandpa's house my two year old makes a monumental mess out of himself! I guess it is his way of leaving grandpa a lasting present. So here we are out in the country without a diaper in site for miles. Thank goodness for Sophie, grandpa's new Pomeranian puppies' inability to hold herself! He had piddle pads ready to rescue me from a desperate trip to the grocery store! We took that piddle pad and wrapped it around his tiny little bottom and then proceeded to tape him up with packing tape. Nothing was going to get through this diaper! I don't think we have ever laughed so hard! When we returned home my two year old didn't waste anytime showing daddy his, "Puppy Diaper." I just love my two year old!!! I can't wait for him to start dating...oh the stories I am going to have to tell!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is too funny!! lol.. if only i were there..

Anonymous said...

Oh girly! How I would've love that one in person : ) You and that diaper bag, huh? Maybe we need to get a day-glo green one! Shan...