Puritan's Pride Logo

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Balancing Act

I need to get one! For years it was no problem to keep the house cleaned, have dinner ready by 5, the kids bathed, books read and in bed by 8...ish. Since I have started working out of the home, my house is a pit, dinner is ready by 7, the kids are reading their own books and I am up until 11, packing lunches and setting clothes out for the next day. The laundry is just competely out of control and I am pretty much in a freak out state of mind. No matter how much planning ahead I do, I just can't seem to get caught up. Right now I feel like I am letting my family down as well as myself. I know it is going to take some time to adjust and get a routine. Soon as I walk into the the house I am rushing to get everything finished. Funny because it seems like as I walk in the door hubby hits the couch. So as I am flying through the house making dinner, picking up toys, going through backpacks, signing permission slips and behavior reports, trying to make the two year old happy for a moment and starting dinner, hubby is relaxing away. I love him dearly but hello! SOS!!! I need some help. I deserve a little relaxing time before midnight right? I know I live in the south but hello this aint the 50's!!

1 comment:

LadyGeek! said...

Help? Slow down, the work won't get done faster if you are racing around, you will just be more the weary for it and your children will be bathed in chaos.

Always be consistant so your family can trust you, that looks like - Say what you mean and mean what you say. It takes tons of practice, but it can be a matter of life or death for a working mother as you no longer have the luxury of solving the problems of the world in a 24 hour period. Now, you have to solve them in about 2 hours a day!

The word "luxury" up there may chap some stay-at-home Mommy asses, but hey, I call it like I see it, and I have worn both hats.

Stay-At-Home Mom's rock, they just don't have to cram all their wonderous parenting skills into 2 hours a day and a weekend.