Puritan's Pride Logo

Monday, May 19, 2008

Cat on fire

We have a new addition to our family. His name is Snickers. He is a long haired cat with a huge fluffy beautiful tail. Snickers is the neighborhood stray that has decided to take a permanent place in our home. It's really alright though, because he killed the mouse that had been terrorizing me for weeks! Within 3 days of his arrival he took care of that nasty little rodent. Snickers has a habit of getting on the counter and drinking out of the faucet. He loves running water. He loves it so much he will actually jump into the shower with you so he can catch a sip or few of fresh running water. This past weekend I bought a candle. Without thinking I lit the candle and placed it on the counter next to Snickers favorite watering hole. Not too long after the candle had been it, I started to smell a awful burning odor. It took me a moment to realize that Snickers tail was dangling right over the candle and his tail was just about to go up in smoke! I ran over to him and started to pat out his poor tail. I ran over to the sink and ran some water on it. He now has a big chunk of hair missing in the middle of his tail. Poor Snickers he is none the wiser. All he cared about was drinking out of that faucet! He did stay outside all night, hmmm he might have been a bit upet with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is sooo funny!!! poor cat!!

Anonymous said...

that is soo funny!! poor cat!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sending in the nomination for wife swap! I am sure your house would make some great tv moments.